DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
DSLRphoto.com provides a platform via its website and apps (the “Site”) to a community of registered users (“Users” or “you”) to upload and display photographs and video (“Visual Content”) share comments, opinions and ideas, promote Visual Content collections, participate in contests and promotions, register for premium membership accounts (“Premium Accounts”), and license Visual Content as part of our Marketplace to other users (the “Services”). Additional Services may be offered by us from time to time. The following are the terms of service (“Terms”) for using the Site and the Services.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
MODIFICATION OF TERMS
DSLRphoto reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace the terms at any time. If the alterations constitute a material change to the terms, DSLRphoto will notify you by posting an announcement on the site. What constitutes a material change will be determined at DSLRphoto’s sole discretion. You shall be responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any such modifications. Using any Service or viewing any Visual Content shall constitute your acceptance of the Terms as modified.
In addition, when using particular features of the Services, you shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such Services.
Your access to and use of the Site and our Services may be interrupted from time to time as a result of equipment malfunction, updating, maintenance or repair of the Site or any other reason within or outside the control of DSLRphoto. DSLRphoto reserves the right to suspend or discontinue the availability of the Site and/or any Service and/or remove any Visual Content at any time at its sole discretion and without prior notice. DSLRphoto may also impose limits on certain features and Services or restrict your access to parts of or all of the Site and the Services without notice or liability. The Site should not be used or relied upon for storage of your Visual Content and you are directed to retain your own copies of all Visual Content posted on the Site.
As a condition to using Services, you are required to open an account with DSLRphoto and select a password and username, and to provide registration information. The registration information you provide must be accurate, complete, and current at all times. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of the Terms, which may result in immediate termination of your access to the Services, by either terminating your email access or your account.
You may not use as a username the name of another person or entity or that is not lawfully available for use, a name or trade mark that is subject to any rights of another person or entity other than you without appropriate authorization, or a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and are solely responsible for all activities resulting from the use of your password and conducted through your DSLRphoto account.
Services are available authorized representatives of legal entities and to individuals who are either (i) at least 18 years old to access the Marketplace or to register for Premium Accounts, or (ii) at least 14 years old, and who are authorized to access the Site by a parent or legal guardian. If you have authorized a minor to use the Site, you are responsible for the online conduct of such minor, and the consequences of any misuse of the Site by the minor. Parents and legal guardians are warned that the Site does display Visual Content containing nudity and violence that may be offensive to some.
The Services are for use by a) individuals who own Visual Content; b) entities that represent owners of Visual Content including but not limited to galleries, agents, representatives, distributors other market intermediaries; and c) individuals and entities seeking to license Visual Content. We are currently not accepting illustration and graphic design content to upload on the Site. If you are the owner of the Visual Content, but not the creator, you are not allowed to upload content for the purposes of self advertising.
All Content posted or otherwise submitted to the Site is the sole responsibility of the account holder from which such Content originates and you acknowledge and agree that you, and not DSLRphoto are entirely responsible for all Content that you post, or otherwise submit to the Site. DSLRphoto does not control user submitted Content and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Site you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable.
As a condition of use, you promise not to use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms, or any other purpose not reasonably intended by DSLRphoto. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to use the Services:
- To abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate any person;
- To post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any Visual Content or Communications that are libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, profane, or that infringes any copyright or other right of any person;
- For any purpose (including posting or viewing Visual Content) that is not permitted under the laws of the jurisdiction where you use the Services;
- To post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any Communication designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any DSLRphoto user;
- To create or transmit unwanted ‘spam’ to any person or any URL
- To create multiple accounts for the purpose of voting for or against users’ Visual Content;
- To post copyrighted Visual Content or other Communications that do not belong to you or, with exception of commenting on Visual Content in Blogs, where you may post such Content with explicit mention of the author’s name and a link to the source of the Content;
- You agree not to use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (i) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site; or (iii) bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site;
- To artificially inﬂate or alter vote counts, blog counts, comments, or any other Service or for the purpose of giving or receiving money or other compensation in exchange for votes, or for participating in any other organized effort that in any way artificially alters the results of Services;
- To advertise to, or solicit, any user to buy or sell any third party products or services, or to use any information obtained from the Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any user without their prior explicit consent;
- To promote or sell Visual Content of another person; or
- To sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
To report a suspected abuse of the Site or a breach of the Terms (other than relating to copyright infringement which is addressed under “COPYRIGHT COMPLAINTS” below) please send written notice to DSLRphoto at email: admin@DSLRphoto.com.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Site. DSLRphoto reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other users.
CONTENT SUBMITTED OR MADE AVAILABLE FOR INCLUSION ON THE SERVICE
Please read this section carefully before posting, uploading, or otherwise submitting any Visual Content to the Site. By submitting content to the Site you are granting DSLRphoto a worldwide, non-exclusive license to use the Visual Content and are representing and warranting to DSLRphoto that the Visual Content is either owned or you are authorized to represent or distribute the Visual Content, and that DSLRphoto is free to publish, distribute and use the Visual Content as provided in these Terms without obtaining permission, consent or any license from any third party.
In consideration of DSLRphoto’s agreement to allow you to use the Services, you agree with DSLRphoto as follows:
- You acknowledge that:
- Any Visual Content uploaded to your account must be photographed by you;
- By uploading your photographic or graphic works to DSLRphoto you retain full rights to those works that you had prior to uploading;
- By posting Visual Content to the Site you grant to DSLRphoto a non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Visual Content in connection with the Services. This license will exist for the period during which the Visual Content is posted on the Site and will automatically terminate upon the removal of the Visual Content from the Site;
- The license granted to DSLRphoto includes the right to use Visual Content fully or partially for promotional reasons and to distribute and redistribute Visual Content to other parties, websites, authorized agents, applications, and other entities, provided such Visual Content is attributed in accordance with the credits (i.e. username or collection name, profile picture, photo title, descriptions, tags, and other accompanying information) if any and as appropriate, as submitted to DSLRphoto (notwithstanding the foregoing, no inadvertent failure to provide attribution shall be considered a breach of these Terms);
- DSLRphoto has the right to modify, alter and amend photo titles, descriptions, tags, and other accompanying information for any Visual Content and the right to submit Visual Content to other parties and authorized agents for the purpose of creating tags for Visual Content;
- DSLRphoto uses industry recognized software and measures to restrict the ability of users and visitors to the Site to make high resolution copies of Visual Content posted on the Site. Notwithstanding this, DSLRphoto makes no representation and warranty that Visual Content posted on the Site will not be unlawfully copied without your consent. DSLRphoto does not restrict the ability of users and visitors to the Site to make low resolution or ‘thumbnail’ copies of Visual Content posted on the Site and you hereby expressly authorize DSLRphoto to permit users and visitors to the Site to make such low resolution copies of the Visual Content; and
- Subject to the terms of the foregoing license, ownership or other rights in the Visual Content including any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with the Visual Content are retained by you or the Visual Content owner represented by You.
- You represent and warrant that:
- You are the owner or the authorized representative of the owner of all rights, including all copyrights in and to all Visual Content you submit to the site;
- You have the full and complete authority and right to enter into this agreement and to grant to DSLRphoto the rights in the Visual Content herein granted, and that no further permissions are required from, nor payments required to be made to any other person in connection with the use by DSLRphoto of the Visual Content as contemplated herein; and
- The Visual Content does not defame any person and does not infringe upon the copyright, moral rights, publicity rights, privacy rights or any other right of any person, or violate any law or judicial or governmental order.
- You shall not have any right to terminate the permissions granted herein, nor to seek, obtain, or enforce any injunctive or other equitable relief against DSLRphoto, all of which such rights are hereby expressly and irrevocably waived by you in favor of DSLRphoto.
Your photos will preserve whatever copyright they had before uploading to this site. We will protect the copyright and we will not sell your photos without your permission.
FAIR STORAGE POLICY
DSLRphoto maintains a fair storage policy to ensure stable and fast service to all users.
Free accounts are limited to a maximum of 7 new photographs/images per week and 2,000 photographs/images in total (approximately 60Gb of storage, and 1Gb of data transfer from profile and portfolios per month). Any additional storage may result in restrictions on your account including limited access to your Visual Content or a requirement to upgrade if the limit is exceeded for several months.
DSLRphoto respects the intellectual property rights of others. It is our policy to respond promptly any claim that Content posted on the Site infringes the copyright or other intellectual property infringement (“Infringement”) of any person. DSLRphoto will use reasonable efforts to investigate notices of alleged Infringement and will take appropriate action under applicable intellectual property law and these Terms where it believes an Infringement has taken place, including removing or disabling access to the Content claimed to be infringing and/or terminating accounts and access to the Site.
To notify DSLRphoto of a possible Infringement you must submit your notice in writing to the attention of “Copyright Infringement” care of help@DSLRphoto.com and include in your notice a detailed description of the alleged Infringement sufficient to enable DSLRphoto to make a reasonable determination. Please note that you may be held accountable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) for misrepresenting that any Content is infringing your copyright.
If we remove or disable access to Content in response to a notice of Infringement, we will make reasonable attempts to contact the user who posted the affected Content. If you feel that your Content is not infringing, you may provide DSLRphoto with a counter notice in writing to the attention of “Copyright Infringement Counter Notification” at help@DSLRphoto.com. You must include in your counter notice sufficient information to enable DSLRphoto to make a reasonable determination. Please note that you may be held accountable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) if you materially misrepresent that your Content is not infringing the copyrights of others.
If you are uncertain whether an activity constitutes Infringement, we recommended seeking advice of an attorney.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act - Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement
DSLRphoto has registered an agent with the United States Copyright Office in accordance with the terms of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “Act”) and avails itself of the protections under the Act. DSLRphoto reserves the right to remove any Visual Content or Communications that allegedly infringes another person’s copyright. DSLRphoto will terminate, in appropriate circumstances, Users who are repeat infringers of another person’s copyright. Notices to DSLRphoto regarding any alleged copyright infringement should be directed to DSLRphoto via email at: admin@DSLRphoto.com.
Filing a DMCA Notice to Remove Copyright-Protected Content
If you believe in good faith that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with a written notice containing the following information:
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address (if any);
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where on the Website the material that you claim is infringing may be found, sufficient for DSLRphoto to locate the material (e.g., the URL);
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work is not authorized by the copyright DSLRphoto, its agent, or the law and is not a fair use;
- A statement by you UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf; and
- Your electronic or physical signature.
Filing a DMCA Counter-Notice to Restore Content Removed from the Website
If you believe that your material has been removed by mistake or misidentification, please provide DSLRphoto with a written counter-notification containing the following information:
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address (if any);
- A description of the material that was removed and the location on the Website (e.g., the URL) where it previously appeared;
- A statement UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification;
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, any judicial district in which DSLRphoto may be found (which includes the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York), and that you will accept service of process from the person who filed the original DMCA notice or an agent of that person; and
- Your electronic or physical signature.
The Services may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because DSLRphoto has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that DSLRphoto is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that DSLRphoto shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
Some people may post links; we are not responsible for those links.
RELEASE AND INDEMNITY
You hereby expressly and irrevocably release and forever discharge DSLRphoto, its affiliated and associated companies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, independent and dependent contractors, licensees, successors and assigns of and from any and all actions, causes of action, suits, proceedings, liability, debts, judgments, claims and demands whatsoever in law or equity which you ever had, now have, or hereafter can, shall or may have, for or by reason of, or arising directly or indirectly out of your use of the Site and the Services.
You hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless DSLRphoto, its affiliated and associated companies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, independent and dependent contractors, licensees, successors and assigns from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, consequential, exemplary and indirect damages), and reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from or arising out of (i) a breach of these Terms, (ii) Content posted on the Site, (iii) the use of the Services, by you or any person using your account or DSLRphoto Username and password, (iv) the sale or use of your Marketplace Images, or (v) any violation of any rights of a third party.
DSLRphoto, DSLRphoto.com and other DSLRphoto graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of DSLRphoto. DSLRphoto’s trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service without the prior written consent of DSLRphoto. The images and icons available in the DSLRphoto icon pack may used by partners and third party sites in connection with providing appropriate links to the DSLRphoto Site.
DSLRphoto may terminate or suspend any and all Services and/or your DSLRphoto account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms. Upon termination of your account, your right to use the Services will immediately cease. If you wish to terminate your DSLRphoto account, you may simply discontinue using the Services. All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
It is your responsibility to remove all Visual Content from your account prior to termination. Upon termination of your account DSLRphoto will automatically remove all Visual Content posted to your account.
YOU USE THE SITE AND THE SERVICES AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE AND THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS, AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. DSLRphoto EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. DSLRphoto DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO (A) ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS FROM THIS SITE AND THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, TECHNICAL INACCURACIES AND TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, (B) THIRD PARTY COMMUNICATIONS, (C) ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITES OR CONTENT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ACCESSED THROUGH LINKS IN THE SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS, (D) THE UNAVAILABILITY OF ALL OR ANY PART OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, (E) YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, OR (F) YOUR USE OF ANY EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE OR THE SERVICES.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED BY LAW, NEITHER DSLRphoto NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ANY FACTS OR OPINIONS APPEARING THEREON, OR THE SERVICES. DSLRphoto SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) IN ANY WAY DUE TO, RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR SERVICES. TO THE EXTENT THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS PROHIBITED OR FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, DSLRphoto’ SOLE OBLIGATION TO YOU FOR DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO $100.00.
YOU AND DSLRphoto AGREE THAT ANY PROCEEDINGS TO RESOLVE OR LITIGATE ANY DISPUTE ARISING HEREUNDER WILL BE CONDUCTED SOLELY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT SEEK TO HAVE ANY DISPUTE HEARD AS A CLASS ACTION, A REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, A COLLECTIVE ACTION, A PRIVATE ATTORNEY-GENERAL ACTION, OR IN ANY PROCEEDING IN WHICH YOU ACT OR PROPOSE TO ACT IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT NO PROCEEDING WILL BE JOINED, CONSOLIDATED, OR COMBINED WITH ANOTHER PROCEEDING WITHOUT THE PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT OF DSLRphoto AND ALL PARTIES TO ANY SUCH PROCEEDING.
The Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, as if made within New York between two residents thereof, The United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods shall not apply and is expressly excluded.
Any controversies or disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms shall be resolved by binding arbitration in accordance with the then current Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association or of the International Center for Dispute Resolution to be held in one of the following jurisdictions (whichever is closest to you): [New York, New York; San Francisco, California; or Toronto, Canada]. The parties shall select a mutually acceptable arbitrator knowledgeable about issues relating to the subject matter of these Terms. The arbitration proceeding shall be conducted in English and all documentation shall be presented and filed in English. All documents, materials and information in the possession of each party that are in any way relevant to the dispute shall be made available to the other party for review and copying no later than 30 days after the notice of arbitration is served. The arbitrator shall not have the authority to modify any provision of these Terms or to award punitive damages. The arbitrator shall have the power to issue mandatory orders and restraint orders in connection with the arbitration. The decision rendered by the arbitrator shall be final and binding on the parties, and judgment may be entered in conformity with the decision in any court having jurisdiction. The prevailing party shall be entitled to recover its reasonable legal costs relating to that aspect of its claim or defense on which it prevails, and any opposing costs awards shall be offset. The agreement to arbitration shall be specifically enforceable under the prevailing arbitration law. During the continuance of any arbitration proceeding, the parties shall continue to perform their respective obligations under these Terms. The parties agree that, notwithstanding any otherwise applicable statute(s) of limitation, any arbitration proceeding shall be commenced within two years of the acts, events, or occurrences giving rise to the claim.
Indemnification of DSLRphoto
You, agree to defend, indemnify and hold DSLRphoto, its affiliates and its sponsors, partners, other co-branders and the respective directors, officers and employees of each harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities and costs (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and court costs) arising out of or relating to your breach of any of these Terms or use by you or any third party of the Services. DSLRphoto reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you.
These Terms constitute the entire understanding of the parties and supersede all prior and contemporaneous written and oral agreements with respect to the subject matter hereof. Any rule of construction stating that ambiguities are to be resolved against the drafting party will not be applied in the construction or interpretation of these Terms. If one or more of the provisions herein shall be held invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, the validity, legality and enforcement of the remaining provisions shall not be affected or impaired. Any inconsistency between these Terms in English and these Terms in any other language shall, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, be resolved by reference to the English version. The failure to enforce or the waiver by either party of a default or breach of the other party shall not be considered to be a waiver of any prior, subsequent or other default or breach.