Collage (By JOHN MOFFETT)
|Currenet Rank in Photography: 182|
Recent Rank Change: +15
Updated: Apr 19, 2010
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.0 or later
Pinch, rotate, stretch, and move photos from your photo album. Switch to black and white or sepia. Add transparency. Cut out any shape. Spice up your wallpaper or amuse your friends. Create a masterpiece with Collage.
- "Minority Report"-like interface
- Zoom, rotate, and move pictures
- Add transparency
- Change to sepia or black and white
- Cut out custom shapes
- Landscape or portrait mode
- Add frames to photos
- Multiple background colors
- Email in high-res (960 x 640) or set as your wallpaper
- Auto-save and resume
Here's a ten-second tutorial:
Click the + to import a photo. Use the scissors tool to crop out a custom shape. Use two fingers to stretch and rotate. Click "Auto Layout" to arrange your photos in a pre-defined layout. Click save to send the collage to your photo album. Double-tap to show/hide the toolbar.
You can change some default settings by going into the device's Settings application and scrolling down to Collage.
Tips from users:
- See what your kid would look like by adding a picture of yourself and your significant other and adjusting the transparency to about 50%
- Give someone a gigantic head by cropping it out then stretching it
- You can save a collage, then add to it by importing it later (make a collage of collages!)
Check out some cool collages created by one of our users at http://www.flickr.com/photos/leibo/