Fujifilm Announces Modified Sensor for X10 Reduces 'Blooming' Effect in May 20122012-03-14 08:28
- In February, we announced a firmware upgrade for the X10 (version 1.03) which does reduce the white disc occurrence specifically in EXR mode. It works by identifying scenes that are likely to get 'white disc' blooming. When the camera recognizes such a scene, it automatically increases the ISO and optimizes DR (dynamic range). As the ISO increases, the white discs are less evident. * New firmware for the X-S1 will be available from March 21, 2012.
- We will also develop a modified sensor, which will more universally resolve the 'white disc' blooming effect in all modes. We are working hard to make this new sensor available from late May 2012.
Fuji Finepix X10 Sample Photos on Flickr
Fuji Finepix X10 Camera Reviews Roundup
|TechRadar - Oct 12 2012|
"Just as it did with the FinePix X100, Fuji has managed to make a camera with the Fuji FinePix X10 that not only looks the part, but delivers on image quality and handling too. The well-constructed metal body is robust, easy to use and looks very smart too. Image quality is as good as any high-end compact camera can deliver at the moment, especially if the E..." More »
|Imaging Resource - Jun 18 2012|
"Fujifilm has acknowledged that the white disc problem is a serious flaw. Although it's something that really should have been caught and corrected before the camera went into production, Fuji has shown commitment to resolving the problem, taking the unusual step of revisiting its sensor design to correct the problem. We've not yet had the opportunity to loo..." More »
|Steve's Digicam - Jun 13 2012|
"Looking at our M&M ISO series we can see traces of luminous noise even at the lowest ISO 100 setting. However, the X10 controls noise levels well for a camera with a 2/3-inch sensor. As you increase the sensitivity, noise levels slowly rise. I personally felt that the camera produces excellent results up to ISO 2000, and even the maximum full resolution..." More »
|Phoblographer - Mar 28 2012|
"RAW images right out of the camera are more lackluster than others I've dealt with. However, the raw files from the X10 has an incredible latitude of editing abilities. I've read other blog posts talk about how terrible the red channel is, but I have yet to see what they're talking about. In fact, I found the red channel to be very good in my editing experi..." More »
Fuji Finepix X10 Camera Recent User Reviews
- Jul 20 2014 Perfect for people that do not want to carry a ..., Sofie
Ultimate camera. Perfect for people that do not want to carry a big camera around everywhere but expect quality. Retro look is a bonus....
- Jun 22 2014 Awesome Camera!, Jonathan
i Have had this little camera for a few years now. Once the x20 came out this guy became obsolete and price went down! I was in the market for a alternative to my DSLR. I kept hearing about the X10 so after much research and reading up on it I decided to purchase it. Let me tell you... YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED with this guy. If you want something lite and still can handle your...
- Jun 19 2014 Capable Point and Shoot, Geoffrey Ott
Verified Purchase ( I normally shoot with a Canon DSLR, and wanted something more portable to carry with me when taking my kids on outings without having to pack up my camera backpack for my DSLR. Things that influenced me to buy this camera are as follows: -Large (for a compact) 2/3" sensor -Optical Viewfinder -Manual Controls -Nice fast aperture range -(Nea...
- Jun 04 2014 The best camera I have ever owned or seen used by a rank amateur, J. P. Phd "jpmath"
Admittedly, I haven't owned many, but I have seen a lot of images produced by myself & my acquaintances, typically with point-and-shoots, but also bridge cameras or super zooms. I've been using it for 9 months now, & this one produces the nicest results. The big attraction for me is the outstanding image quality. Fuji's unique EXR/DR technology is designed to increase dynami...