Fujifilm Announces Modified Sensor for X10 Reduces 'Blooming' Effect in May 20122012-03-14 08:28
- In February, we announced a firmware upgrade for the X10 (version 1.03) which does reduce the white disc occurrence specifically in EXR mode. It works by identifying scenes that are likely to get 'white disc' blooming. When the camera recognizes such a scene, it automatically increases the ISO and optimizes DR (dynamic range). As the ISO increases, the white discs are less evident. * New firmware for the X-S1 will be available from March 21, 2012.
- We will also develop a modified sensor, which will more universally resolve the 'white disc' blooming effect in all modes. We are working hard to make this new sensor available from late May 2012.
Fuji Finepix X10 Sample Photos on Flickr
Fuji Finepix X10 Camera Reviews Roundup
|TechRadar - Oct 12 2012|
"Just as it did with the FinePix X100, Fuji has managed to make a camera with the Fuji FinePix X10 that not only looks the part, but delivers on image quality and handling too. The well-constructed metal body is robust, easy to use and looks very smart too. Image quality is as good as any high-end compact camera can deliver at the moment, especially if the E..." More »
|Imaging Resource - Jun 18 2012|
"Fujifilm has acknowledged that the white disc problem is a serious flaw. Although it's something that really should have been caught and corrected before the camera went into production, Fuji has shown commitment to resolving the problem, taking the unusual step of revisiting its sensor design to correct the problem. We've not yet had the opportunity to loo..." More »
|Steve's Digicam - Jun 13 2012|
"Looking at our M&M ISO series we can see traces of luminous noise even at the lowest ISO 100 setting. However, the X10 controls noise levels well for a camera with a 2/3-inch sensor. As you increase the sensitivity, noise levels slowly rise. I personally felt that the camera produces excellent results up to ISO 2000, and even the maximum full resolution..." More »
|Phoblographer - Mar 28 2012|
"RAW images right out of the camera are more lackluster than others I've dealt with. However, the raw files from the X10 has an incredible latitude of editing abilities. I've read other blog posts talk about how terrible the red channel is, but I have yet to see what they're talking about. In fact, I found the red channel to be very good in my editing experi..." More »
Fuji Finepix X10 Camera Recent User Reviews
- Apr 14 2014 Product is OK, VIVIEN H.
Verified Purchase ( It's OK... not very easy to use and in the viewfinder, the camera lens is in the way. Bought it to use for work so now it's being circulated amongst the department. I used it a few times, even turning it on wasn't intuitive....
- Apr 11 2014 Buy a Nikon, joejoe
Verified Purchase ( I have been a professional photographer for over thirty years…I in fact did product endorsements for Fuji’s film back in the early 90’s. When I bought this camera… don’t get me wrong I loved it.. I took it on vacations.. and used it for all occasions for which my big SLR was inconvenient. I can make 20 x 24 enlargement...
- Apr 11 2014 Buy a Nikon, joejoe
I have been a professional photographer for over thirty years…I in fact did product endorsements for Fuji’s film back in the early 90’s. When I bought this camera… don’t get me wrong I loved it.. I took it on vacations.. and used it for all occasions for which my big SLR was inconvenient. I can make 20 x 24 enlargements and people are shock...
- Mar 27 2014 Great value, good middle ground for a hobby photographer., M
Verified Purchase ( Great camera, great in low light, EXR mode works for pretty much every scene and situation I need it for. Not as bulky as a regular DSLR, more substantial and more features than a point and shoot. Great middle ground for a hobby photographer. I use it to take photos of dogs to edt and post online for my dog sitting business. Good seller too. Highl...