Fujifilm Announces Modified Sensor for X10 Reduces 'Blooming' Effect in May 20122012-03-14 08:28
- In February, we announced a firmware upgrade for the X10 (version 1.03) which does reduce the white disc occurrence specifically in EXR mode. It works by identifying scenes that are likely to get 'white disc' blooming. When the camera recognizes such a scene, it automatically increases the ISO and optimizes DR (dynamic range). As the ISO increases, the white discs are less evident. * New firmware for the X-S1 will be available from March 21, 2012.
- We will also develop a modified sensor, which will more universally resolve the 'white disc' blooming effect in all modes. We are working hard to make this new sensor available from late May 2012.
Fuji Finepix X10 Sample Photos on Flickr
Fuji Finepix X10 Camera Reviews Roundup
|TechRadar - Oct 12 2012|
"Just as it did with the FinePix X100, Fuji has managed to make a camera with the Fuji FinePix X10 that not only looks the part, but delivers on image quality and handling too. The well-constructed metal body is robust, easy to use and looks very smart too. Image quality is as good as any high-end compact camera can deliver at the moment, especially if the E..." More »
|Imaging Resource - Jun 18 2012|
"Fujifilm has acknowledged that the white disc problem is a serious flaw. Although it's something that really should have been caught and corrected before the camera went into production, Fuji has shown commitment to resolving the problem, taking the unusual step of revisiting its sensor design to correct the problem. We've not yet had the opportunity to loo..." More »
|Steve's Digicam - Jun 13 2012|
"Looking at our M&M ISO series we can see traces of luminous noise even at the lowest ISO 100 setting. However, the X10 controls noise levels well for a camera with a 2/3-inch sensor. As you increase the sensitivity, noise levels slowly rise. I personally felt that the camera produces excellent results up to ISO 2000, and even the maximum full resolution..." More »
|Phoblographer - Mar 28 2012|
"RAW images right out of the camera are more lackluster than others I've dealt with. However, the raw files from the X10 has an incredible latitude of editing abilities. I've read other blog posts talk about how terrible the red channel is, but I have yet to see what they're talking about. In fact, I found the red channel to be very good in my editing experi..." More »
Fuji Finepix X10 Camera Recent User Reviews
- Dec 11 2013 My favorite small compact camera, aethelraed
I' ve owned both the X10 and the X20. While the X20 enjoys a small resolution advantage in raw files, I found that its jpegs were not even close to the excellent quality jpegs produced by the X10. For any of the advanced shooting options like "pro-low-light" (in particular), the X10 is my clear choice. On the other hand, since I usually shoot raw, the X...
- Dec 08 2013 Price Too High, Tony M "Tony M-"
Great camera but B&H Photo selling it for $299.00. Will Amazon match this price? I need two for gifts but I'll go to B&H rather than pay $419.00 here. Love you Amazon but not enough to pay you $240 more....
- Dec 07 2013 Great camera, Jon S.
Still having a great time with this camera after 18 months! After the firmware update the x10 got even better! Toy Camera mode and Tilt Shift modes are my favorites...
- Dec 07 2013 Dust getting in lens.....It wasn't there before, when it was new...Shame on manufacturer...., Vasya
Okay. The good stuff- you read all about it. And it is true. But the reason I gave it 2 stars is a dust in a lens. When it was new there weren't any dust in my camera. Now, after awhile it appeared inside lens elements. The only possible explanation camera isn't dust proved. It seems that lens suck in air while zooming, thus getting all dirt around it inside. My...