Fujifilm Announces Modified Sensor for X10 Reduces 'Blooming' Effect in May 20122012-03-14 08:28
- In February, we announced a firmware upgrade for the X10 (version 1.03) which does reduce the white disc occurrence specifically in EXR mode. It works by identifying scenes that are likely to get 'white disc' blooming. When the camera recognizes such a scene, it automatically increases the ISO and optimizes DR (dynamic range). As the ISO increases, the white discs are less evident. * New firmware for the X-S1 will be available from March 21, 2012.
- We will also develop a modified sensor, which will more universally resolve the 'white disc' blooming effect in all modes. We are working hard to make this new sensor available from late May 2012.
Fuji Finepix X10 Sample Photos on Flickr
Fuji Finepix X10 Camera Reviews Roundup
|TechRadar - Oct 12 2012|
"Just as it did with the FinePix X100, Fuji has managed to make a camera with the Fuji FinePix X10 that not only looks the part, but delivers on image quality and handling too. The well-constructed metal body is robust, easy to use and looks very smart too. Image quality is as good as any high-end compact camera can deliver at the moment, especially if the E..." More »
|Imaging Resource - Jun 18 2012|
"Fujifilm has acknowledged that the white disc problem is a serious flaw. Although it's something that really should have been caught and corrected before the camera went into production, Fuji has shown commitment to resolving the problem, taking the unusual step of revisiting its sensor design to correct the problem. We've not yet had the opportunity to loo..." More »
|Steve's Digicam - Jun 13 2012|
"Looking at our M&M ISO series we can see traces of luminous noise even at the lowest ISO 100 setting. However, the X10 controls noise levels well for a camera with a 2/3-inch sensor. As you increase the sensitivity, noise levels slowly rise. I personally felt that the camera produces excellent results up to ISO 2000, and even the maximum full resolution..." More »
|Phoblographer - Mar 28 2012|
"RAW images right out of the camera are more lackluster than others I've dealt with. However, the raw files from the X10 has an incredible latitude of editing abilities. I've read other blog posts talk about how terrible the red channel is, but I have yet to see what they're talking about. In fact, I found the red channel to be very good in my editing experi..." More »
Fuji Finepix X10 Camera Recent User Reviews
- Jan 16 2014 My favorite COMPACT digital camera of all time, Stephen Lang "madmaxmedia"
The Fuji X10 is undoubtably my favorite compact digital camera of all-time (an honor previously held by the original Ricoh GR Digital I.) It has a beautiful analog design with great physical controls (manual zoom ring, dedicated exposure compensation dial, great optical viewfinder), along with great image quality from a fast f/2-2.8 zoom lens. What Fuji has basically done is taken th...
- Jan 09 2014 Terry Lee Jones I have been shooting pictures for over 40 years, terry l jones
great street camera great for macro pictures vary compact i love this little camera i also own a fujix100 & fuji xe1 have not been disapointed the pictures are vary sharp color is super i am a devoted fuji photographer no regrets the fuji x10 is my take along camera these cameras are vary well built I am a licence photographer i do family photos and clas...
- Jan 02 2014 Cute, fun camera, Richard A. Levao
I only spent 300 dollars or so. Not sure it's worth 600. Very good optics, better than expected. NYTImes recently raved about the Sony hi end pocket camera, but the build quality seems better here. A benefit I hadn't considered: folks I shoot, even those who have no reason to fear, tighten up when a bazooka lensed DSLR is pointed at them. A cute little camera doesn...